I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, August 10, 2017

June & July Smalls Update

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Stitching Lotus

It's time for a catch up on my Smalls stitching for the last couple of months. I didn't get around to posting for June mainly because the couple of pieces that I had finished I wasn't able to show as it was an exchange gift.  July was a good finishing month for me... so here's what I have to show for the last 2 months:

Penguin & Snowman Card and Christmas Bells
Card: Free gift from Cross Stitch Card Shop
Christmas Ornament - Mary Engelbreit kit
Card finished: 24 June 2017 / Christmas Bells finished: 3 July 2017
Stitched for Christmas in July Exchange

Happily Ever After - Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
Fabric: 32ct Belfast "Dark Fantasy" - Colour Cascade Fabrics
Threads: DMC, Jodyri Designs, Dinky Dyes (borders)
January, February finished in June; April finished in July

Dear Santa - The Little Stitcher
Fabric: 28ct linen
Threads: DMC
Just Cross Stitch Christmas 2015 issue
Finished: 19 July 2017

Truly Endless Knot II - Ink Circles
Fabric: 28ct linen
Threads: DMC, Silk N Colours (light bulbs)
Just Cross Stitch Christmas 2015 issue
Finished: 24 July 2017

Kiri Kitten (Free Gift) Cross Stitch Card Shop magazine
Fabric: 14ct Aida (decided to stitch it on a larger piece of fabric for a pillow finish)
Threads: kit threads
Finished: 23 July 2017

So that's it for my June and July finishes.  I did manage to also finish a couple of blocks on 12 Days which I will show you in the next post!

Before I go... I mentioned my first June finish in my June GG so I didn't show it above... however I can now show you that I have FFO'd and given it to my sister already - on the day that they picked up their new Golden Retriever puppy! Fate stepped in on that occasion... Henry comes from the same breeder that bred/owned Rosy's grandmother!! Me things Rosy sent him their way 😂

I finished it on a cork memo board with a picture of Rosy (the photo was from a birthday party and Rosy was Super Rosy!)  The memo board is going to sit with Rosy's ashes and have other photos pinned to it.

To see everyone else's Smalls posts for July pop over to Heather's blog and check out the link up post

Next Month – The next Smalls SAL check-in will take place on Friday, 25th August 2017 and I already have an August finish! Hopefully you will see it at the end of August and not September or October!! 😉



Til next time, happy stitching!
Hugs xx

6 comments:

  1. You have been super busy last month, so many lovely finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! So glad to see you've had a great stitchy month and what a lovely memorial to Rosy. We kept our dog's ashes as well. Excellent exchange and finishing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all of the super cute finishes Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Smalls update. I love the Ink Circles design, that's on my list! As is Dear Santa. Love the Little Stitcher.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)