I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, August 24, 2015

FNSI & IHSW August Update


Friday Night Sew In (FNSI).... held on the third Friday of every month - hosted by Wendy from Sugarlane Designs.

Friday night saw me putting in the last of the back stitches on my Santa Claus.... You haven't seen him yet as I only started stitching him in the last few days and now he is finished!! Yippee :o) Amazing what a cold, wet couple of days in front of the telly can do for your stitching progress!!

August 2015
This little cute Aussie Santa and mates is my August choice for the Christmas Ornie SAL 2015.  Another task ticked off the list!!  The design is from the Cross Stitch Crazy magazine (issue #171) and is designed by Jenny Barton.  There were a number of Santas from around the world but the Aussie one tickled my Christmas funny bone!!  (I was toying with the idea of putting a red dot in the middle of the spider for the classic Aussie Red Back Spider.... but I don't think it would have worked!) 

If you think he looks a bit strange.... I stitched him on plastic canvas, then trimmed it down before gluing on some felt to the back of him yesterday morning.  I still have to trim the felt down a bit but I will do that later in the week once I am happy that everything is well stuck!

If you want to have a look at who else joined in for Friday Night Stitch In, head over to Wendy's blog (Sugarlane Designs) for sign-up links.


International Hermit & Stitch Weekend (IHSW).... held on the third weekend (Fri - Sun) of every month - hosted by Joyce (Random Ramblings).

This month saw Joyce have a two part IHSW!  Part 1 was last weekend and....  this weekend was Part 2!

My plan for the weekend was to yet again stitch on "Halloween Sneak Peek" by The Trilogy.  As the month draws to a close I need to finish my "Black Cat" for the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL blog.

When you last saw this piece I had just finished the "Haunted House" for last month's Hallowe'en Ornie SAL blog post:

July 2015
Over the weekend I managed to get 2 box borders finished and 3 sides of the "Black Cat" one stitched.


Tonight I will get that last side stitched and then start on the cat and with a bit of luck by the end of the week I will have the black cat ticked off the To-Do stitching list!

If you are wondering what everyone else did over the weekend, drop on over to Joyce's blog and have a look at sign up post for a full list of who was participating.

So that is it for my stitching weekend....

Now before I go.... I have a quick update on some stitching that I have now started doing for "The Alphabet Club" posts.  August was our first month of posting and but I failed to show a stitching piece... but I can sort of fix that now!!

I have decided to stitch an afghan using the gorgeous ABC cats from Les Brodeuses Parisiennes.  I have admired the designs from this French designer for a long time and finally got up the nerve to place an order.... (and it ended up being a rather large one at that.... Euro to Aussie Dollar is not kind!  I wish I had thought to go to their shop when we were Paris a couple of years ago....) I just love Parisienne / French inspired stitching.... ooh la la!! ♥♥♥


I still have a little bit more of the "A" cat to go before starting "B" but I had to put this down for a while to concentrate on other stitchy things.  I must say stitching on the very soft afghan material is going to be quite challenging I think!!

That's it for today... see you again soon!


Enjoy your week, happy stitching
Hugs xx

16 comments:

  1. I love all of your stitching but the ABC cats is my favourite - it's beautiful. Cute ornie too, I've almost finished my August one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super afghan with the kitty design, that's going to be so cute.
    Love the aussie santa, never seen one like him before.
    The yellow /mustard colour fabric really makes your Halloween stitching stand out, a great choice.
    Just seen you are an Agatha Raisin reader... gotta love Agatha, she's fabulous .... I've read them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fun Santa. That kitty is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finish!! The ABC cats is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were doing some great stitching over the weekend. And your little Santa is so funny, a wonderful idea. Nice progress on your Halloween piece as well.

    OH my, such a great idea to stitch that cat alphabet as part of the Alphabet Club. Great choice - and I know exactly what you mean when talking about ordering something. It's always more than you once intended to order, isn't it? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cat alphabet (anything cat catches my eye) and you got in some good stitching this weekend. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the super cute finish Noni. Great new start.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your finish! I love the afghan, it is sooo adorable! Tres chic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Santa is so adorable. The ABC looks beautiful too, nice choice:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Santa finish:) The cat alphabet is going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love, love, love the cat alphabet, Noni. Guess who has been on the website already? lol! Oh, and have you seen Les Parisiennes? Stunning. Are you stitching over one or over two on your Afghan?

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratz on your finish, great job!!!
    Halloween is looking great. you will have enough to put down in your house with halloween and Xmas.. hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a beautiful projects
    My favourite is the cat alphabet
    I love that yellow fabric for your halloween project
    I also love to stitch when it rains :)
    Greetings from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to seeing the spooky cat for Hallowe'en.
    The cat alphabet is a great idea for the Alphabet Club, how nice that we are both stitching on afghans too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your Santa finish and your Halloween piece is looking fantastic. Love that fabric!

    Your new SAL is looking lovely. Looking forward to watching it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that cat alphabet is just wonderful! It's great that you're stitching them on an afghan. I had not heard of that designer before/site before, thank you for enabling. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)